Friday, June 01, 2007

Postcards From The Good 'Ol Days...

Well, I got me a good 'Ol fashion house wife. We'll see how long it lasts, but so far so good.

With no students to run her crazy experiments on, or with, or whatever she does, Kim is now officially off for the summer. I say officially because anytime in the last month or so that I popped in on her at work she was busy doing nothing... But as of today, no more trying to look busy.

We probably would have celebrated a little more last night if I wasn't feeling as crappy as I was. I came down with something the other day and it's just bad enough to keep me horizontal on the couch and gain a little sympathy from the wife. Mainly a headache with some serious body aches. Not fun. Nonetheless, we couldn't kick off the summer holiday in true celebratory fashion so we will have to make up for it this weekend.

I am starting to feel better and I wonder how much of that has to do with it being Friday... especially after my fun little road adventure just hours ago...

This morning I had an appointment out of town so it worked out well for me getting the boy off to daycare. This allowed Kim an opportunity to truly enjoy her first day off with a coffee and a little Regis & Kelly. After dropping Gord off and making a few pit stops I started feeling a little icky in the stomach - motion sickness style. While not officially having a flu or true flu like symptoms up to this point, I trekked on. The thought of driving 2 hours however was enough to make me think fast - pull over and yack on the side of the road, or pull a "U"ey and bust it home. I opted for the latter and quickly backtracked, all the while looking for anything that could offer itself as a 'barfbag'. Not even an empty coffee cup was in sight so I knew I needed to get myself home. I couldn't help but think of the series of events that was about to take place - pulling into the drive way, jumping out, running up to the front door, bolting to the bathroom sink and letting go... however I got a little ahead of myself and my stomach was convinced I skipped the first 4 steps and was ready to let loose. After a few very hard swallows, I couldn't stop it. Up it came.

Remember the lack of items that resembled anything close to a puke pouch? Well, with my mouth full I somehow closed my throat and forced the remaining contents of my stomach that was so violently trying to escape to make its way back down my esophagus, keeping the delinquent discharge in my mouth to a minimum. I quickly spat out the partially digested dayquil and continued home.

So yeah, I am feeling a little better now.

But yes, if you don't have one already, I highly recommend you get yourself a house wife. They rock! So far, Kim has done 3 loads of laundry, changed the bedding, made up the dinner list for the upcoming week, got the groceries, emptied the dishwasher, watered the flowers outside, prepared for dinner (including chopping up the broccoli and cauliflower, peeling potatoes having them ready to go in the pot, prepared a roast which is currently in the oven), and is now out at RONA picking out tile for our kitchen renovations and will be picking up Gord from daycare on the way home. Oh, and she also made me lunch and brought it down to me in my office while I was on a conference call. I hope this lasts.

...and on that note, the fam should be walking through the door any minute, so I should get back on the couch and milk me a little more 'sympathy' while I can.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, June 03, 2007 9:41:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, don't expect that to last dude if gord will be at home through the summer! no way, hose! a housewife like that is only good until the kids come home;)

yucky sickies! glad you are feeling better!

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:59:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - when are you and Kim planning to join facebook? You guys must be the last two on the planet :P

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:58:00 p.m., Blogger London Postmaster said...

Huh? Facewhatnow?

Oh.. FACEbook... that's on the Internet now???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home