Sunday, July 16, 2006

Postcards From A Pissed Off Little Dude...

Yeah, I should be excited, elated, jubilant, (insert 'happy' synonym here - and by the way, why are there no synonyms for "synonym" - weird"), but I'm just feeling angry.

This seems to happen quite a bit before I embark on something excting, or 'fun filled'. I'm not sure why, but I just get angry on the verge of vacations, parties, etc.

Anyhow, I am excited about getting to Florida, it's just the whole day is really pissing me off. I guess I woke up in a bit of a funk, after a bad sleep, I tried getting a little extra sleep this morning. Kim got up with Gord, and I tried to muster up some more sleep - well I guess that left behind a little guilt or whatnot, cause I wasn't in that great of a mood when I finally woke for the day around 9.

I should also back it up - Gord has been ONE CRANKY FRIGGEN BABY these last few days. Whoa!! Yesterday, yeah, just crying. All day. That's about it. Just crying. For no apparent reason. You think you have him laughing, but it rolls right into a big wail..." ha haa haaah aaah aaaaah waaaaahhhhhh WAAAAH WAAAAH".

So, I woke up around the same time as Gord from his first nap. Brought him down stairs, and played with him a while as Kim went to shower. All seemed fine, I wasn't too pissy yet... but then the smell... oh, the horrible horrible smell.

I had Gord lying down and I was tickling him in his armpit with my mouth, and all of a sudden I smelled it... a completely obnoxious funk emanating from his butt... sure (insert pun here), I had to change the diaper. TWO more minutes and Kim would have been down from her shower and we probably could have avoided this whole pissy mood I'm in...

So while changing the diaper, Gord did everything but cooperate - rolling, grabbing his crotch, trying to grab poo, tugging his diaper, SCREAMIN, oh the horrible screaming... all the while I'm repeating over and over and increasingly louder volumes, "no Gord, OH Gord, NO GORD, AH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO GORD, AHHHH"... which I thought would have inspired some assistance from the woman upstairs, but no... I get "I'll be a couple more minutes"... I'm fighting for my life down here, and she is primping, or plucking, or whatever women do...

So yeah, if I wasn't happy before, I sure wasn't now.

So, the packing continued, and all the prep for the big departure.

Then I hear... "So, Steve, you don't think he has an ear infection do you??"...

Ugh. There is no right answer here. But I tried, 'No'.

Sure enough, 20 minutes later, Kim is off to the walk in clinic to 'make sure'.

It makes sense, I would rather find out now that he has an ear infection than at 22,000 ft, but what a drag.

So, I opted to run to walmart to pic up some photos we 'needed' to get printed today.

Backing it up - Yesterday morning, we uploaded pics to the walmart site. Kim left several hours later to pick them up only to find out that the are 'experiencing technical difficulties' and the order will not be ready for 4 or 5 days.

You suck Walmart.

So, Kim returns home, and we plan on using the kiosk in the lobby of Walmart that prints the pics up on the spot.

So yeah, I spent a good 30 minutes this morning transfering pics from one PC to another, so I can burn them onto CDs that won't accept the 'burning process' bla bla bla... and finally have the pic ready to go.

Kim's off the to clinic for her '45+ minute wait' and I headed to Walmart.

I thought I would be clever and see if her original order was ready, but no dice, they give me the same line about difficulties bla bla bla... so I try the machine.

All is going well, (at twice the price I might add as opposed to submitting them online and waiting the '1 hour' for them to develop)... I get 8 pictures in, and I get the 'Technical Difficulties - Please find an Employee'... So I do as I'm told, and I am then informed that they are out of paper, and need to go get some... ok, fine, just more waiting... 5 minutes later, the dude comes back and tells me that they are literally OUT of paper in the entire store... "F#CK!!!".

He then proceeds to give me a lecture about printing off 'copyrighted' material (the pics I scanned from the Sears photo's - I had one of those pics in there and he saw it).

So yeah, no pics.

Anyhow, Kim just got back from the clinic - no infection.

Off to Florida.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home