Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Postcards from Plaster, Poop & Parenthood...

It's nice. 2 nights in a row, and it's 8pm and we're able to sit down and enjoy the evening. Mind you there is that little voice/cry in the back of our heads that reminds us it can happen at any moment - the boy could stir... but that aside, we are enjoying the moment.

He is pretty solid in his routine and ability to distinguish night from day. He goes down any time between 7 and 9 after a bath and final feed - and should be down for at least 5 (perhaps 6) hours.

Tonight we finally got around to using the memory mold kim got at the baby shower from her aunt and cousin. The idea is to imprint a part of Gord (foot, hand, etc) so we can look back at it year after year and watch as it gets smaller and smaller... that's the 'idea'. The reality however is that we will have a glob of hardened goo to remind us that no matter how many times we read the instructions, parenting does not always go smoothly.

After that, in to the bath. Having gone right from the plaster disaster, we didn't clean off his butt following the full strip, so yeah, he ended up taking a bath while dodging floating bum crumbs. Nothing we couldn't handle. It was just one of those nights - you know the kind, when behaviour becomes so natural and comfortable, nothing can phase you. Well, at least I like to think it is that, and not laziness.

Anyhow... I've been meaning to mention this. Kim finally received her validation that she is now a mom... for some reason she just needed this to feel complete, she has been trying and trying for this one and only moment, week after week, hoping, praying, struggling with factors that were out of her control, and finally, she got it... egh, everyone has their thing - while mine was a touching moment, one that will last a lifetime, an everlasting bond from an unexpected moment shared between father and son, kim's was, on the other hand... er, a parking space...

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:36:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

Awww, that's so cute that kim finally feel like's a mommy... I can't wait (BUT WILL) for it to be my turn *sigh* I am very excited for our visit, and I can't wait to see little Gordie play with him more than last time, YAY! I also wanted to let'cha know that I finally did it... I made a Blog of my own thanks to you and your powers of suggestion; thankyou. I am currently contemplating my own list of 101 to do, and I even got Dan to do one too. We'll keep you posted. Bye for now!

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:33:00 p.m., Blogger Burnie said...

Oh good...could you make a few molds for use ;)

Kim I will put a sign up in the second driveway for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home