Thursday, August 17, 2006

Postcards From The Fourth Year...

Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary. Yay for us! I thought this was a worthy cause to break my blog-o-silence.

While it doesn’t seem like ‘just yesterday’, it doesn’t seem like long ago either that we got up in front of our families and promised to put each other before ourselves… and I can honestly say we have stayed true to that promise.

I’d like to think, and without sounding arrogant, I truly believe, that Kim and I have the best type of relationship. We grew up together. We were there together through all the major milestones in our lives. She is my best friend, and she knows me better than anyone else ever will. But at the root of our relationship is the key to making it last. We respect each other. It sounds like a simple statement, but I respect Kim so much, that I will always put her interests before mine. To make this work however is that Kim is always sure to do the same.

There is nothing more that I can say today that I haven’t said already, and on a very regular basis. Anniversaries are good reminders to tell your significant other that you love them and bla bla bla, but when it comes to Kim and I, we are sure to remind each other everyday.

What I see this day as, is a good day to reflect on all the amazing ways Kim has enhanced my life. (Here comes the clichés…). I can’t imagine being with anyone else. Kim, you make me laugh like not even I can make myself laugh (which says a lot)… You are the one I can count on to never dismiss (vocally anyhow) my crazy ramblings and whims… You are always there – yeah, that’s it, you are just always there. Don’t you ever have somewhere else to be? For some reason, I can never seem to lose you… but I wouldn’t want anyone else to be there anyhow. I am so grateful that even legally, you can’t leave me. I love you so much, and I will never stop loving you. We grow closer everyday, and I look forward to the day we officially become Siamese/conjoined.

Thank you for letting me wake up next to you everyday.

I love you.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:00:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

I knew your anniversary was on the 17th but I thought the 17th was tomorrow. My days are all mixed up. hope you both have a great day. Happy Anniversary.

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:34:00 p.m., Blogger Burnie said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you...I apologize for not sending a congrats sooner, but I'm a real looser when it comes to important dates...right Steve;)

Also glad to see a post again...

Have a great day

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:59:00 p.m., Blogger SeaJay said...

Happy anniversary, Kim & Steve. Love, Chris :)

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:41:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim and Steve

Happy 4th wedding anniversery. May the next 40+ be just as perfect as it has been so far. We love you guys and are thinking of you often!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:11:00 a.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I didn't know it was your anniversary but I have just added it to my calendar so I won't be clueless next year! You two are absolutely perfect for one another and I wish you both nothing but happiness!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 3:05:00 p.m., Blogger Melinda said...

I wanted to call you to wish you a happy anniversary, but I can't figure out how to get an operator on these phones yet ;)

Was thinking of you two yesterday and how great your wedding day was - thanks for letting me be a part of it and here's to many more anniversaries!

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 7:54:00 a.m., Blogger Laura said...

Congratulations to both of you.
The two of you are great together.
Even though it sounds cliche, you two really seem to appreciate each other which is rare.
I couldn't be happier for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home