Sunday, January 29, 2006

Postcards from a list maker...

I was just browsing some blogs and came across a guy who mentioned an interesting concept ... 101 in 1001 - I then went on to search it and was surprised how big the idea is. (The idea is you make a list of 101 accomplishments with well defined terms to be completed in 1001 days)...


I’ve never been one for new years resolutions, but this I can see some value in.


I think I’m going to do it.


As quoted from one website:


The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.


The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on my part).

I think the beauty of it is you have almost 3 years to do them (that’s the procrastinator in me). I could just see myself though 2 years and 8 months down the road and I’m frantically running around attempting 98 remaining things...

The hard part is going to come up with 101 things. That alone may take me 1001 days. Any suggestions?


Yes mom, I will make sure one of them is to take my vitamins for 30 consecutive days... (this is what you have to look forward to Gordie!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home