Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Postcards From Father's Day... A little late...

Oh Father's Day...

The day started out just dandy... by dandy, I mean just like every other day. (Ha ha, just kidding Kimmy... well, kinda - ha).

Kim had absolutely fantastic intentions... she had big plans on bringing me my son, and coffee in bed. Unfortunately, she thought I wanted sleep more. So, I ended up lying in bed for about an hour (sleeping off and on), waiting for this first father's day coffee in bed. When Kim put Gord down for his nap, I knew I couldn't wait another hour, so I got up. Then, as Kim asked if I wanted to a coffee, she had to run up to Gord fussing during his nap - the water was boiling, so I made my coffee. She was disappointed. I of course had to make jokes about it and try and make her feel bad, cause that's what I do!

Beyond that, the day was just awesome!

I got a great present from Gordon:


Kim got me a great pair of sunglasses - very much needed.

Following the gifts, we went out for a drive. A very long drive. Way east, then way South, made our way down to Port Stanley, way West, then homeward.

Once home, Kim made a really really good Chocolate pound cake... mmm very good. Gord and I just hung out.


We sat on the couch, watched golf, and just enjoyed each others company. Well, I enjoyed him, and he enjoyed chewing on things. It was very nice. We hadn't really done that before, and it was really great just 'cuddling' with him. It really made it feel like father's day.

I ended up spending a lot of time thinking that the day isn't about me being 'thanked' or 'pampered', but me being grateful for being a father. It's such an amazing thing to have a child, and this day really gave me time to take it all in and be thankful for everything Gord gives me.

I love that kid.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:07:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Sounds like the two of you had a great time. See you guys soon
Tam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home