Friday, June 09, 2006

Postcards From Murphy...

I NEVER use 'Full Serve' at a gas station.

There just seems something wrong about having someone else pump your gas - especially when there is self serve available 2 pumps over.

However... today I needed gas on my way home, and Gord was sleeping in the back, so I didn't want to have to get out etc... and I just so happened to be coming up to 2 gas stations.
One on the left, one on the right.
Both 'Full Serve' only.
The one on the left was a Pioneer, on the right 'Joe's Gas'.
The Pioneer looked quite busy. Joe's - empty.

...path of least resistance... I chose Joe's. I felt uncomfortable when the youngin' came to the window and I said "Fill it up please", but I handed him the company gas card anyhow. It's a fleet/lease car, so I get a card to use when I get gas - I never see the bill.

So the kid starts to fill up the tank, walks inside, then immediately runs back to the car, shuts off the gas, and claims 'Sorry, we don't take this card'.
I said wha?
"We don't take this card - we don't even know what it is".
I tried explaining that it was a fleet gas card, and to try running it like a typical credit card... he came back 30 seconds later with the same puzzled look on his face, and asked for something else.

I thought I would be clever and play the 'that's all I got' trick (in a round about way) claiming it was a company car, and this is what is used for the gas, ie, I don't pay for gas. Realizing this was going nowhere, I took out the company credit card... Amex... yeah, no dice... "Sorry, we don't take that card".

UGH.

At the end of it all, I ended up having to go into the station, pay debit - MY account - and I still need gas.

So... the moral of the story... If you feed peanut butter to a horse, and it chews on it... it'll look like it's talking!

Cheers.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:50:00 a.m., Blogger Dave said...

Ah...rookie mistake. Never go to the small time stations with fleet cards. They tend to be clueless.

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2006 2:18:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

I feel so bad that you had to pay for gas. Better luck next time
Tam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home