Saturday, June 17, 2006

Postcards from another Saturday morning...

Mmmm... Saturday's!

Kim doesn't know what she's missing... little miss sleepy sleeperson.

Gord and I are having a nice and relaxing Saturday morning - just hanging out, listening to some new* music, having a coffee, and being cute. Well, I'm having the coffee, and Gord is being cute.

* Yesterday, as I was finishing up some yard work**, I went to put some things back in the Focus Trunk, and came across Kim's purchases for the day. One of the bags was a 'Music World' bag. I felt bad, I knew right away it was for me, and I had a pretty good idea what it was. So, kim realizing I seen the bag, ended up giving me an early fathers day gift... 'The Raconteurs'.

** After finishing up a campus visit*** yesterday afternoon, as well as a few emails and 'office' work, I headed out to tackle the garage. Not that it was crazy messy, just that I have been putting off hosing it down from the winter. Yesterday seemed like a good day. After that, I watered the grass. None of this sprinkler crap, no way, I don't take the 'easy' way out... I water it by hand! Much more active I find. I find it not only relaxing to stand out there and hose down the lawn, but it feels much more rewarding than simply turning on a sprinkler. Having said that, I'm sure I wouldn't be doing that as often if I had a sprinkler that didn't suck ass.

*** So my afternoon campus work consisted of a few professor visit's, but the primary purpose was to have lunch**** with a professor I have become more friends with than customer/sales rep relationship. He is the prof I mentioned that had a daughter a week or so after Gord was born.

**** By lunch I mean beer.

Kim was out with the boy yesterday afternoon swimming once again. From what I hear, serious Gord made an appearance. Where Addis, (Gordie's Buddy), was incredibly animated as he entered the pool (with the exagerated version of the face we all make as we enter cold water - with splashing to follow), Gord's trademark poker face was all he wore as he made his initial dip. (Well, that and his super cute swimming shorts).

So, I'm surprised I've been able to write as much as I did, with just the two of us down here. I can see Gord is 'working' something out, so I think I'll have to be changing a diaper any minute... so I should end it all here.

By the way, Gord is VERY excited to finally meet his girlfriend this coming week. As you can see, he has been 'practicing'...



Cheers.




4 Comments:

At Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:07:00 a.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

you know what, from these past 2 posts, I am really starting to see Gordon as a little boy and not a little baby any more - he's taking on such strong features all of a sudden, oh how exciting to be able to see this amazing transformation of a person - COOL! Thanks for the posts, good stuff!

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:47:00 a.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Since I like the sprinkler your more than welcome to come water my lawn any time by hand. I start at about 7pm. Just bring bug spray :) Miss Gordie.
Auntie Tam

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:25:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny about Gordie's initial dip in the pool...I can just picture his cute little serious face dipping in that cold water...I would have loved to have been there! He's definitely going to be the "Texas Hold'em Champ" of the family with that little poker face!
So cute to see that he's sitting up all by himself...he's gotten much stronger even in the last few days! Miss him lots already!

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:16:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna get my hands on that boy! I wanna eat him all up!

ok...I'll just snuggle, nuzzle, kiss and raspberry him!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home