Friday, November 24, 2006

Postcards From The Saddle...

... and I was doing so good too at posting everyday!

Excuse: I was very sick. Very.

The boy passed along his cold and it hit me a lot harder than it hit him - or, I'm just a bigger suck because I was immobilized.

Anyhow, not much to talk about other than the headache, the aches, sleepless nights and the ball of phlegm I've collected... ok, just kidding, no sleepless nights!

Speaking of sleepless nights, well actually the complete opposite of sleepless nights, Gord slept in today... it was SO nice. He has been in a habit of waking up around 5:30 - 6am lately and it has been awful. Well today, he decided to sleep in until 7:20!! When we finally went in, he was standing up holding his crib rail, and had a huge and very cute smile on. He started hopping with excitement when he saw us and fell backwards before we had a chance to grab him. Nothing he couldn't shake and he was in a great mood to start the day.

I've been meaning to post some video of the boy however I can't find a good clip... one that can't be used against him later when he decides to run for public office. (You'd be surprised how many clips we have of him getting a lap dance or smoking a joint...).

I would love to catch some video of him when he does something he is proud of. Usually once every few days he accomplishes something that he feels is quite significant. Whether it is turning on a toy, opening a door, or pulling himself up from a difficult position, he gets a sense of accomplishment that puts this smug little smirk on his face that is unique to any other smile. He knows it's something special because he looks around for us all the while asking for accolades. He puts on a piercing smile with his lips closed tightly (in contrast to his huge open mouth smile) and a beaming glow from his eyes that just screams "I am SO cool!"... so cute!

Anyhow, we've actually got some plans this weekend. Some family is coming into town tomorrow for the night and Kim and I are looking forward to getting out and enjoying ourselves. It will be our un/official 11 year anniversary so it's good timing!

And that's that.

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 24, 2006 7:49:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

I'm glad you're back and feeling better - I was sick like that recently, and it was so no cool! I am looking forward to the future videos... additional pressure, gotta love it :P

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006 10:37:00 p.m., Blogger Tim said...

It's so hard to capture on video what you see everyday. I've posted a bunch of videos on my baby blog, but they still don't capture her true personality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home