Thursday, December 08, 2005

Postcards from the Triangular Shaped Hill...

Last night was a good night... for me anyhow (if I can be so selfish). Got home from work and was able to spend some great quality time with Gordo. He was alert and interested in everything around him. He got to spend some time in the swing (thanks Burn's & Chris), and I couldn't stop staring at him, with his eyes wide open staring back.

On the topic of staring back at me, what a truly amazing experience it is. I'm fortunate that newborns by default look more like their fathers, cause when he makes eye contact with me, it's indescribable. The only way I can attempt to describe it is like an out of body experience. When those eyes pierce mine, I see myself as a baby, as though I'm suddenly my father looking down on me. Truly and utterly amazing! (I apologize to all the parents out there that already know this!)

We are learning the value of protection - diaper style. As all other parents know where I am coming from, you really need to watch out for flying poop and pee hosing! I've been fortunate enough to experience it twice. The first was in the hospital when I looked away momentarily to grab the diaper, when I couldn't help but notice Gordie peeing on his face!! ha ha... Gordie, you peed on your face buddie! He'll appreciate that story when he brings his first girlfriend home. The second time it happened I was more prepared. I had the tissue covering and it only got a little on his diaper shirt - still annoying because I had to strip him down and change him.

Now kim, on the other hand, has a little more interesting of a tale to tell... earlier i mentioned pee hosing... well kim got the 'flying poop'.

(A quick side note - It just occurred to me how excited I am to be talking about flying poop, and how this is now my life! INSANE!!!)

Back to kim's adventure... apparently the story goes, as I was at work, Kim and her mom were changing Gordie's junk in the trunk when he decided that his earlier 'movement' wasn't quite complete and wanted to see either:
a) how far poop can shoot,
b) how people react when poop flies everywhere,
c)how easy it is to remove poop from the couch, or
d) all of the above.

...My guess is d.

Nonetheless, as I was not there, I find it quite comical, and happy it happened, as it gave me a chance to say poop so many times. (Which I again revisit the oddity of my recent fascination with talking about poop). Again, I apologize to all the parents out there that already know this.

So, you may be asking: "triangular shaped hill?" ... well, first one to figure it out gets the honour of being godparents*.

So that's that. Gordie is doing great. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow, where hopefully we can find out his blood type - as kim has this weird obsession with finding this out. It must be a genetics thing. As I am BO, and Kim is AO, Gord in theory can be anything... any guesses?

As I write most of these from work, I don't have the opportunity to attach pics... perhaps I will add some when I get home - while sharon makes me dinner** - ha ha... don't tell her I said that...

Cheers for now.

* Some conditions^ may apply

^by conditions, I mean Kim has to approve and if it's not the people we have pre-selected, then sorry - but at least you won the 'triangular shaped hill' contest

** for the record - I am completely kidding - I am not expecting sharon to be my 'slave' as some may refer to it and I am in no way trying to take advantage of her helpfulness... She is doing a great job helping out, and kim and I are grateful for her and the things she has done to make this transition as easy as it has been

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home