Monday, January 02, 2006

Postcards from 34,000 feet...

I’m sitting on the plane, it’s 12:43 (EST), I have 2 hours left in my flight and 6 days left in my trip, and I can add another notch to my ‘dad’ experience belt. I really can’t stop thinking about Gord.

It has only been 8 hours and 45 minutes since I left, and this is the longest I have been away. Perhaps it’s also the fact that I know I will be away for another 6 days. It reminds me of my trip to Orlando in grade 11 when I first started going out with Kim, and I complained the whole trip about how much I missed her. Except this time, I can’t complain to anyone I’m with, and I miss the little bugger so much more. (Don’t worry, I miss you too kimmy!)

Ugh, what can I do. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve flipped through the (limited) pictures I have of him on my phone. And there is a baby boy on the flight, and his father is walking up and down the isle with him… yeah, this is what it feels like to be a dad.

Anyhow, I’m really tired. Gord was pretty fussy last night, Didn’t allow us to get to sleep until 12ish, then got hungry at 1:30, and the alarm went off at 3. I had to meet up with the other Reps at 4:30 down at the 401 to be at the airport for 7:30.

We flew out of Detroit a little later than expected. A little disconcerting - they kept telling us that the weather was really bad, so they needed extra fuel, which meant they needed to kick some passengers off, and rearrange the luggage as the plane was ‘front’ heavy prior to take off. So far so good – and if you’re reading this, all was good.

The people I work with seem to be great so far. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the company, and the times to be had – both at the conference and during regular work times. So, that’s good.

Anyhow, this post is going nowhere… sorry.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home