Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Postcards From The Nocturnally Befuddled Baby...

Gord, I tell ya (shaking fist in the air)...

This boy of ours has been a real hit and miss when it comes to sleep. Several weeks back he was horrible at getting to sleep, but once asleep, he would grace us with a semi-full night sleep - waking once around 2am, then again for the morning around 7...

Then, he lost the habit of screaming for 45 minutes before falling asleep, and decided he was all about the short nap, but still sleeping well through the night...

Now... this short nap business has worked its way into his nighttime sleep. Ugh!

For the last week or so, we have noticed him closing the length of the long stretch, that at one time lasted an average of 7 hours. It moved up to around midnight... then 11:30pm... then 11:00... (you get the drift)...(but yet I continue)... then 10:30... and now he is getting up at 8:30pm (as he did tonight).

If that isn't bad enough... that is STILL his 'LONG' stretch. Yup. That means that he is not exceeding an hour and a half throughout the night. Take last night for example: He was up every 1 to 2 hours all night. We blamed it on an upset stomach, but now he continued his nasty new hobby tonight.

So here I am, 5 times a night, having to roll over and turn the monitor off as Kim goes off to put him back to sleep. , . I know can you believe it!!??! ... She doesn't turn to monitor off when she leaves the room - how RUDE! She really should be more considerate. *

Cheers.




* For the record... HUGE JOKE... HUGE... (please don't yell at me kim). As i've noted here before, she is great in giving me the week 'off'... I LOVE YOU KIMMY!!!
But really, the only thing that puts him down, is the boob, so she would have to be getting up anyhow...

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:56:00 a.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

You two must be exhausted! I sure hope that I am prepared for that when it's my turn one day - wow. There's nothing more fun to me than complaining to everyone how tired I am (yeah right)... but if I have kids, they'll expect that complaint from me; oh no... I'll have to think of something ELSE to complain about! Nooooo! ;) Hope it gets better soon, good luck!

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:41:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Another reason that I want to bottle feed the kids at night. We can share that duty. Oh ya breastfeeding two, NO THANKS
TAm

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006 1:45:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

bottle feed at night...try it Tam...heehee. You gotta GET UP, warm it up, sit in a chair...sitting...sitting straight up holding a baby, and feed it and then try to go back to sleep. I'm all for rolling over and stuffing a nipple in their mouth while I doze. Call me lazy but we were all sleepin'!! Although training them later to sleep without doing that is tough. Either way, most end up doing what works for their family.

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006 10:49:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY...

He's now 4 1/2 mths or so, he is probably TEETHING! Try Advil or Motrin...(not Tylenol, an anti-inflammatory works better and longer for teething.) Many, many nights our girls have been *drugged* with pain relief during teething times. I think they would go through bottles of it some months! Or, Hyland's teething tablets are a natural way if you rather the homeopathic remedy. I say tablets during the day, the REAL stuff at night...Advil works 6-8 hours. Good luck guys! Isn't this great, all of us siblings with kids and babies? And more to come!

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006 10:52:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, I didn't mean to use that name on your blog, Steve!! LOL but I guess I kind of AM a step sister-in law! LOL

Oh and another thing...he probably wants to suck because it feels good on his gums so when he wakes in pain, he wants Kim right? ADVIL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home