Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Postcard To Gordon - Month 5

Oh Gordie, when will you cease being so cute!!!

I remember the first month, or for that matter, the first week and time seemed to stand still. Now, I can't believe you're 5 months old. I completely understand where other parents (including your grandparents) are coming from when they say their kids go from diapers to dating, to babies of their own before they know it.

I'm very conscious of this fact. I've always been a fan of the 'mental photo album', and lately I've been trying to hold on to the great moments I have with you. I found myself the other day while holding you in my arms and you clinging to my neck and shoulder, experiencing complete bliss. I have experienced joy and happiness before, but this one time in particular everything was perfect. Not because of our physical location, not because of the events leading up to that moment, or what was happening in the world around us, but because I had everything I wanted. You. I've always tried to 'appreciate the moment' but this was the first time I actually came through with that tenet. Oh Gord... you inspiring little monkey!

Enough of that... I want to make note of a few things that your mother and I have noticed in the last month or so...

For starters, boy are you serious! Hence, the nickname - Serious Gord. You go from dead-pan-face serious, to hysterical laughter, and snap right back into that poker face of yours. So cute.

Just today we predicted a trait that will last long into your senior years... Gord, as you read this, think real hard... now did you just reach back, elbow straight up in the air, and scratch the crown of your head?? I bet you did! As cute as it is now, you unfortunately insist on scratching yourself to the point of breaking the skin... this part I hope will discontinue shortly. The head scratching while deep in thought part though is sure cute.

In this last month, you've become quite ticklish on your back and arms. It's a little forced, but when I need a laugh fix, that's where I go... again, so cute!

I can't forget to mention that in this 5th month of life... you rolled over! I know this isn't going to be such a huge feat when you are 17, but boy oh boy, were your mother and I ever proud! An honorable mention is you grabbing your feet, and you almost being able to put your soother back in the 'proper' way.

I love our nighttime routing. I love the time we spend while waiting for your bath. We talk, and though neither of us can understand what the other is saying, we listen to each other. I hope this never changes. I hope you realize that at times it may appear I have no idea what you are talking about, but know that I will always listen.

I love you Gordon, and you continue to blow my mind.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:42:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

Aww that was really sweet, happy 5th month Gord! Post more pics! lol and post more often, gosh darnit - to say it politely ;)! Lata!

 
At Thursday, May 04, 2006 6:57:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa! it's YOU! You are like me and normally snap all the photos so are rarely in them!

Happy 5th month bday dear Gordie!!

 
At Thursday, May 04, 2006 7:13:00 p.m., Blogger Burnie said...

Welcome to the joys of being a Dad :D

 
At Friday, May 05, 2006 10:14:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

5 months and to think he'll have a cousin in 5 months.
Tam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home