Sunday, February 12, 2006

Postcards from the 'Performance Evaluation'...

I know I'm good at my job, but I really hate it when the boss is around overlooking everything I do.

I had the privilege of having the big boss shadow me and perform an 'impromptu' evaluation. Things started out ok, but when she showed up, things started going down hill. Normally things go quite smooth, with little fuss, but this one time in particular, this guy was just not co-operating.

I did my thing, exactly what I was supposed to do, but there are certain situations that are out of my control.

She was literally right over my shoulder, critiquing things as I'm in the middle of doing what I thought was a pretty good job. Worse yet, she the decided to change things and take away a few of my 'privileges'. Things that I like to have while doing my job were taken away from me... 'advice' given... turning to suggestions... turning to 'Let me take over'... She says I did was doing alright, but still, things like that bother me.

What was I supposed to do? The diaper change and bottle warming went perfectly with little fuss... and Gord usually doesn't care when the TV is on, as it gives me something to do at 3am while he eats... and he normally falls asleep nearing the end... but no, not last night... thrashing and squirming, crying and fussing... I swear he new his Mom showed up... he's always trying to get me in trouble, that kid.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:20:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Keep up the good work. I'm certain one day she'll notice
Tam

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 8:35:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really upset about the negative context to which you refer to me in this blog post...rather, I'm just glad that you've come to terms with the fact that I'm the boss.

Love Kim :)

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 10:48:00 p.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Way to go Kim.
Tam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home