Monday, November 06, 2006

Postcards From... The Monday Me - Vol. 1

Blink, Blink, Blink... the flashing cursor on the blank space taunts me. Well, that's better, 1 line down. Look at that, and another...

Ha ha... this is SO hilarious! I really wish there was a way I could capture in words what is going down.

As I sit here scratching my head trying to put words down in my "Blog", I have 'Corner Gas' on the tele. (vision that is, not phone). Anyhow, I'm sitting wondering how to offer something of value here and Corner Gas just happens to be about Hank who starts a Blog. As I'm only a couple minutes in I can assume this will result in Hi-Larious consequences. (The long and short of it is, people have a permanent excuse not to talk to him because they claim "Oh, I read it on your blog"... when in reality, they haven't - ha, get it... Hilarious!).

But now I'm miffed. Hank went and stole my intended topics for tonight. I was planning on doing an in depth analysis on what would happen if Vikings came to the future - but then I just look like a copycat... and no one likes a copycat blogger!

... But I can't resist forging forward with my second intended topic. My super power of choice. Kim and I have actually spent quite a deal of time lately talking about this (as Heroes is quickly gaining ground as our new favourite show). While flying is an incredibly attractive power to posses, I could never resist freezing time. Combine that with time travel and/or teleportation, and whoa, sign me up.

I have always thought of how cool it would be to freeze time.
You could sleep in EVERY day!
You would never be late.
You could take a nap anytime you want.
You could sneak into the girls change room.
(Ok, I came up with this list when I was 14, but it is still relevant I think. By the way, that last one also works with 'Invisibility' and 'X-ray Vision'.)

Needless to say, freezing time would be super-cool. Compare that to flying. All you can do is Fly! Go hand-gliding or jump out of a plane if you want that experience. And it's not like you could do it openly. People would think you're a freak. Scientists would want to dissect your brain (or whatever they do). And are you able to carry people? Cause that would be pretty lonely. Flying everywhere by yourself would suck.

...well, Heroes is about to start so I should wrap this up. If only I had my super power to freeze time... or maybe I do? I do have a PVR after all.... mwa ha ha ha. World domination can't be far behind.

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 06, 2006 9:03:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

hahaha, that was a great post! I don't know what I would want as a super power.... I have always liked to jump and bounce so maybe the ability to bounce over houses and stuff just because it would be super cool. I don't do well in high stress/risk situations so even if I could freeze time, I wouldn't think of it until after it happened and well then.. what good does that do me. I'm such a shmuck! ;)

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 9:05:00 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

Stop trying to bash the flying thing. It would be just as lonely freezing time don't you think, and you can't really teleport anyone with you. Wow, I can't believe I'm actually debating this with you...still.

Hey Lyndsay! How did you bud in front of the comment line. I wrote mine, went to sign in and, BAM! There's Lyndsay. You're so slick man!

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:47:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Invisibility is where it's at. Just think of the possibilities! (teehee!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home