Sunday, November 05, 2006

Postcards From... The Sunday Son Review Vol. 1

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon. Where do I start?

Gord has become increasingly, well how do I say it, oh yeah, stubborn. Um, I can't forget demanding... and of course whiny. Did I mention whiny? Just in case I didn't, he is very whiny. Ok, I did mention it, but I didn't mention it in BIG BOLD LETTERS: WHINY! Don't get me wrong, he is still the cutest thing that I have ever seen, but let me put it this way... I LOVE BEDTIME! (His that is).

Again, I don't want to be misinterpreted - I love the kid to death, and I absolutely love every second I am with him... It's just that lately he whines a lot. It's very exhausting. So, when 7:30 (or the rub of the eyes) rolls around I start getting excited. Following his bath, we attempt to get his diaper on (which is quite a challenge lately), and as I pack up the bedtime supplies I am just short of giddy. The workday is over, and it's time for the mice to play. (And by play, I mean make dinner and go to bed - we always have these huge ambitions about what we are going to do at night, but we are SO exhausted that one of us usually falls asleep by 9). (And by one of us, I mean Kim).

Other news... With every new ability comes a new phase in Gord's life. Right now, he is creeping (walking while holding onto something). So, while this liberates him from the static life he has been used to up to this point, it frustrates him as he can't exactly get to where he wants... and he falls very easily. He sometimes forgets that he can't walk or stand by himself, so he takes a tumble. While it makes for a great opportunity to hug him, it is very sad.

He is ALWAYS on the move. Not ADD style, but very curious about the world around him. We often joke that he hates being home because he is so limited in what he can do here. At daycare he has friends and lots of toys (and new activities every day). Considering he spends more time at daycare then at home, this is actually a good thing in my opinion.

What else... well, he has just finished popping out his 4th tooth. The two on the bottom are old news now, and a couple weeks back he got his top right fang, and just yesterday his other fang finally made its way out. Wow, what a teething session that was! He was biting everything.

Of course with all the 'sensitive' moments over the last few weeks, there were the moments that make it all worth while. Just as his whining has increased lately, so has his laughter. He is getting such a great personality/sense of humour. His laugh is incredible intoxication - a deep rolling belly laugh that makes him lose his breath and subsequently the noise of the laugh itself until it's just his mouth open, eyes squinching tight and shaking his head in excitement.

The weirdest things make him laugh. A measuring tape (bright yellow). A hand approaching underneath his highchair. A coaster turning from side to side. Being startled. The picture of Georgian Bay (from Burnie & Chris). He is also quite ticklish. Especially at bed time.

Speaking of bedtime - the boy is now down (this post took a few hours!) and there is a glass of wine waiting for me on the table. Cheers.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:48:00 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

He's back, and it's about time!!

Great post. ;)

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 9:54:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

hehe, great post! I am sorry to hear that Gords been giving you two such a hard time lately, but just think about what lays ahead... yikes! ;) Hang in there! I can't believe how big he's gotten, he's a little man, and it's blowing my mind! (I saw the pics on Kim's site)

Can't wait to read more tomorrow!

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 11:13:00 p.m., Blogger Burnie said...

You guys enjoy your wine..you deserve it !!

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 11:21:00 a.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

To think I was expecting bed time to get easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home