Friday, November 03, 2006

Postcards From A Rule Breaker...

Ok - what Dave said.

I don't think that Kim should be too quick to call me out - after all her post was really just a statement about me missing my post. That shouldn't count, and certainly isn't entertaining. Sheesh.

Anyhow, yes, I was out last night. Wow - 2 nights in a row. I almost have a social life. Hmm, except Wednesday night I was having a few beer with a Prof... and last night was watching my boss play a charity/benefit show.

On a side note - I don't know why some people have cell phones. It's such a pet peeve of mine when I try and call Kim and she doesn't answer her phone. The second she drove out of the garage this morning I tried calling her (to tell her some crazy potentially exciting news that I CAN NOT believe I forgot to tell her this morning*). For the last 30 minutes - Ring Ring.... Ring Ring.... Ring Ring - "Hiiiiii, you've reached Kim, bla bla bla..." If I can steal one of my mother-in-law's lines - NO I have NOT reached Kim... If I reached Kim I would be TALKING with Kim. (Kim and I always laughed at that as it was a standard answering machine message from her for a few years, oh so cheezy... but now I find myself constantly holding back from saying it). Come to think of it, there are a few lines of hers that I find myself saying. Just this morning I told kim not to 'slip' after she said she was going to 'jump' in the shower... ah, zing!

* So, I can't really say what this news is because it involves some fairly confidential information. Basically, my company was recently put up for sale (for around $5billion), and I just found out last night who has expressed interest... and let's just say (even though it may be a long shot), that I've never been so excited about something so seemingly lame! Like I said, it is probably a long shot, and they are one of a few companies putting their name on the bidding block, but holy cow, I would love nothing more than to say I work for this company. As I don't want to be 'dooced', I can't address this any further - I've already said too much.

So, I think this counts as a post. I do have some catching up to do though...

Cheers.

4 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006 9:31:00 a.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

You've got more of a social life than I have. During the week Dan and I are hermits, but come the weekend - whoa, watch out! Well, except for Friday for Dan sleeps all of it away. Hmm... let me rephrase - we are boring people. lol

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 10:21:00 a.m., Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Social life? What's that? Keep us posted on the buyer. I'm anxious to know. The cell phone thing. I also hate it when people don't answer it.

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 11:13:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have a WAY too active social life...with the kids and without! we burn ourselves out all the time. what can i say, people love us ;)

i'm stoked to hear about your company!

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 12:32:00 p.m., Blogger London Postmaster said...

hmm... i came across this article this morning (not like it is AT ALL related to what I'm talking about - wink wink):

http://www.tiny.cc/wGidf

Oh that would be SO cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home