Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Postcards from Gordie...

I guess it's time I get back to the basics ... What's going on with Gord!!!

Well, as mentioned previously, Gord's losing his hair. I really noticed it when I got back. This he gets from his mother. She was bald until she was 3... Seriously - I've seen the pics. I have also noticed that he is looking more like Kim when she was a baby. He is really filling out - especially that forehead of his.

He is feeding around the 4 hour mark, with a few cluster feeds here and there. Sleeping is good. Last night we were all pretty tired and after eating (around 6ish), with 2 hours until his next feeding, we tried moving him to his crib. He was passed out in the swing, and thought it may work. We were wrong. Boy were we wrong. We really wanted to get a nap in, but Gord had different plans - the screaming kind. After I realized the crib wasn't going to work, I let Kim go to bed, and I tried to ease him for the next 2 hours. He must have been hungry, because the only thing that soothed him was sucking on his hands - or my knuckle. Finally 8 came around, I changed the diaper he was working on for over an hour, and passed him (quite joyfully) to Kim. I went to bed, Kim fed him and he went down without a fuss.

Thanks to Terry (and her not knowing we didn't do this), we followed her lead. Last week I guess, she took Gord after a midnight feed, let Kim go to bed, and put him down. We haven't swaddled him since he moved to his crib, but Terry not knowing, did just that. He slept well then, so we thought we would try it. It worked. He went down very easily, and slept until his next feeding. The night progressed just like that, with little incident following feedings. Around his 4:30 feed, we both got up, I sent some emails for work while Kim fed. Gord was fairly awake so we brought him to our bed propped up in the nursing pillow (same as pic above). We stayed like that until his 8am feed.

The morning so far has been good - And for the record, I am just on a break. I am working!. Kim is just strapping him in to the harness, and taking for a walk around the house. I am waiting for the CAR!! I have to head to campus later to pick up a few things.

Oh, and I should mention - Gord got his first piece of mail yesterday... His Health Card. And as the pathetically proud parents we are, we of course had to take pictures of it.

That's that for now.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:28:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about taking a walk outside? Fresh air never hurt anybody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home