Monday, January 09, 2006

Postcards from the Greener Grass...

Having returned from my sales conference, I can confidently say that there are companies out there that care about their employees.

This will hopefully be the last time I mention my previous imprisoner, I mean employer, but I can not help but recall a comment given to me by one of my bosses following the 'money stealing' incident that sparked my quest for a better company. I was told that where ever I go, there will be problems. No employer treats their employees with the respect I was looking for. I am somewhat paraphrasing, but I was bluntly informed that "The grass is never greener".

Having said that, I would like to point out that my company was just recently named one of Canada's 50 Best employers, and will be given the award later this month.

Mind you, I am still green and haven't had much 'out there' experience, but I could not find ONE person who had anything negative to say about this company. I asked many people - veterans of 13+ years, and they had only great things to say.

All 'n all, the week was great. Got to meet a lot of people, make some friends, drink and eat for free (one example - the company rented out the "House of Blues" Bar and made it a 'private party' and best yet, made it open bar - holy crap). I also got to lose a lot of money at poker.

I have big goals for this year - for example, one rep (an oddity mind you) is getting a bonus cheque over $100,000.00!!! BONUS cheque! Holy crap eh. It just shows what is obtainable.

Well, it is so nice to be back and see Gordie. I missed him like crazy. It was great to talk about him, and hear other people comment on his Name - "Gord, what a great name - you just want to have a beer with a guy named Gord".

Today is a 'rest day'. Although, I have been working all morning, and have much to do this afternoon. I have to set up my office, which means, I need to make a trip to Staples (or something like it) to stock up - again, courtesy of the company!!

I get my car delivered tomorrow. They couldn't get the base model Impala that I wanted or should have got, so unfortunately (in a very sarcastic tone) I have to get the upgraded fully loaded model - Yay!. Sunroof, spoiler, automatic car started... Normally the employee would pay a monthly premium for any upgrades, but because I was in a crunch for a car, they are picking up the tab.

Anyhow, that's that, and this is now, so I gotta get to it.

Cheers

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 09, 2006 4:12:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your happy there. Sounds like you will be. Must be nice not have to pay for a vehicule. Oh ya were you happy to see kim:)?
Tam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home