Sunday, March 19, 2006

Postcards from the 100th Post!!!

Well, I hadn't realized until I went to make this post... but yeah, it's my 100th Postcard. Wow. I had no idea I knew how to say the same things over and over and make them sound relatively different....I love gord, gord is great, gord is cute, I like gord, gord shot poo out his butt, kim snores, bla bla bla...

Anyhow, holy crap last night was a looooong night...Gordo style.

Mel and Jeremy came up(down/left/right?) from Windsor for her birthday. We went out for dinner and came back here. We tapped into the board game we got her. Kim cheated so she won. Really, she cheated. Ever since she lied to the insurance nurse, she's been making up for lost 'bad ass' time I guess. And it wasn't a 'little' cheat... it was the FINAL question, and we both needed 1 answer to win... first one to get it right took home the prize.... and her question was "In the premier if Party of Five, how did the parents die?" ... she answered "PLANE CRASH" - DUH!!! WRONG! ... but, her cohort across the table, made an obvious 'NO NO NO, THAT WAS WRONG', head shake and mouth motion, and kim quickly retracted her statement... she then claimed 'oh, maybe it was a 'car accident... let me think about this... hmmm.... I'll go with car accident". Curse you women!

I'm pretty much over it now...

Anyhow back to the night time debacle. Gord, that intuitive little turd, KNEW that we had stayed up past our 9pm bed time (until 11:20) and decided that he wanted to be up too... all night.

Backing it up, he had slept when we went out for dinner at 5, and could NOT be woken up no matter how hard we tried around 6-6:30. It was not until after 7 that he woke up, and I think that it put his schedule out of wack. So come 12:30, he started the fussin'. There were a few bouts of fussing, then an hour sleep, another few bouts, another hour... the night progressed that way until 7 when we (kim more specifically) got up for good.

That brings me to another point. 4:30 am is definitely NOT the time to start 'discussing' the fairness and equality issues surrounding both of our weekly/nightly sleep allotments. Really bad idea to bring that up. Even worse to start throwing in the 'We work these hours/take care of him these hours/bla bla bla'. We have gone this long without the stereotypical husband working/wife full time mother job discussion... why we chose the ungodly hour of 4:30 am to try it out baffles me. In all fairness, I do have to take responsibility. I (I think like most people) don't think too clearly when they have had such little sleep For example, when I would go and try and soothe the boy around the 3am mark, I couldn't get two very intense (dream continuations?) thoughts out of my head: 1) What flavour of/ingredient inspired milk was he supposed to get, and 2) what text books should he be using - very strange!. So the fact that I thought it was a good idea to express some concerns shouldn't surprise me... and kim was more than willing on returning her personal thoughts on the matter.

Again, if I can come to my defense (or salvage some dignity), I quickly apologized and proclaimed my stupidity for attempting such a conversation at such a ridiculous time. I tried to make it up to her by requesting her to stay in bed when he got up in the morning for an extra hour sleep... but instead when 7am came around the tricky dicky did the 'switcheroo' on the idea, and I unknowingly ended up sleeping the extra hour (I just woke up and she was gone)... I swear she self sacrificed for an even stronger argument in her proclamation of "I rock you suck - be in awe of my Altruistic idiosyncrasy".

And now that the coffee has kicked in, we are a happy bunch of clams - Kim is dropping things in the kitchen attempting a new breakfast concoction, Gord is fighting with his 'Whoozit' (and losing I might add), and yeah, I'm taking it all in...

Well, happy 100. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:02:00 p.m., Blogger Melinda said...

Cohort huh! I deny any tell-tale facial expressions or hand movements ;)

Thanks for the great game & visit - it was so great seeing you guys again (and getting to have East Side's food). Hopefully we'll be back in London permanently again soon so we can visit more often than once a month, although it's pretty neat watching Gordie grow bigger (and more adorable) every time we see him.
ps. he's a great dancer too!

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:13:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

Hey Steve, great post and Happy 100th post! I needed to state that again.. you made me laugh out loud, I just when that happens. LOL Kim's making up for lost 'bad ass' time... that's just awesome. YOU GO GIRL! hehe, K well, Gladyou had a nice visit with mel/jer... hope we too can make it down more often! Talk to you soon! Lata Gata!
Beechball

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:15:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

And btw, that game looks like a ton of fun! I might just have to add that to our ever growing collection of board games too... thanks for another good idea! :P
beechball :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home