Friday, March 17, 2006

Postcards from a Friday Night...

WOO HOO... (Shrug)...

Well, another friday night... and St. Patty's ta boot...

I'm sitting down, having a beer, and well, writing a postcard - exciting stuff.

Gord is sleeping .... ugh, and stirring...

Kim is out for an hour or so.

Let's see... earlier this week we made our way north to sudbury for a few days. Everything worked out fine up there... (Why is this boy fussing/crying right now??? He never does this!!!)
Anyhow, glad that things went well. We came home a little earlier than expected - I had a lot of work related things to do, which worked out alright.

Other than that... not much going on. I've been asking what's going on with all the other little babies out there and Kim is supposed to be making some calls... Julie you lurk around here, maybe I should go to the source.... How's Gordie's girlfriend doing?

Hmm.... Well, tonight we had the nurse come over for our life insurance policy thingy... So many stupid questions they ask. "Have you or will you fly your own plane"... "Have you or will you ride a motorcycle"... "Have you or will you ever have any sort of fun at all in your life"... it really makes me realize how boring my life is. Even when it got to the drinking questions - "um... 1 or 2 per week is a little much... let's scale that down".

Kim lied! mwa ha ha ... she pulled a Bill Clinton. Several weeks ago, following our meeting with the insurance rep, a nurse called and did a phone interview. Asked us a TON of questions about past experiences, medical history and family medical history. We were both asked about among other things, cancer in the immediate family, and of course we both said no. Well, as it happens, since that last phone interview, things have changed... So we knew the question was going to come up again tonight, so Kim at the beginning of the interview, following my leading statement, "We just gave all this information to the nurse several weeks ago", piped in, with "So I will just give you the same answers I gave her"... ha ha ha... technically not lying!! I have to admit though, I think she was really nervous about that, and if it was up to her, she would have just spilled it all. It took a little arm twisting to get her to pull the Clinton. I tell you, that girl is WAY to good a person to survive on her own... she is lucky to have a guy like me take care of her...

I had to lie too. As far as they are concerned, my only 'experimentation' (as the nurse phrased it), was with a cookie made from marijuana butter when I was 17. After I thought about it, I'm not sure what the point was of making that story up... really... the amount of explaining that had to go into it... really wasn't worth it. I didn't even use marijuana when I was 17! I guess I just didn't want to be labeled a 'smoker', which if you answer yes to the 'marijuana' question, is the same as answering 'yes' to the smoking question, and your rate gets hiked. I haven't done it in ages, so there was no way of them knowing... but I didn't want to tell a BLATANT lie, so I said I ingested it. Egh.

Other than that, I got nothing. My 101 is going alright. Didn't donate blood last weekend like I wanted to, so perhaps tomorrow. Get that crossed off my list.

Uh, kim's home... with food...

Cheers.

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 17, 2006 9:11:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

You're too much! The lie about the cookie was priceless, I actually laughed when I read it and that rarely happens, so congradulations to you on that! :P Happy St. Patrick's day and keep on blogin! :P Bye

 
At Friday, March 17, 2006 9:23:00 p.m., Blogger London Postmaster said...

What? You've never laughed before at anything i've written???... I suck!

 
At Friday, March 17, 2006 9:34:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

No no, YOU always make me laugh but due to the lack of post you've been making, I haven't laughed much lately, that's all! :P ;)
LYNDSAY BEEEEEECH! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home