Thursday, November 09, 2006

Postcards From a Non-American Opinion Holder...

So I have blood running down my chin. I have been biting my tongue so hard for so long that I need to relieve a little of the pressure.

Some who have been unfortunate enough to be around me whenever there is mention of Sept. 11 have an idea of what I am capable of getting into... don't worry, I will try and keep the flailing, botched bush impressions, dramatic re-enactments and interpretive dance to a minimum.

I really just want express my glee for the recent turn in US politics. I knew, and I mean I KNEW that something horrible was going to happen if Bush won the 2000 election (just I like I predicted this - well I didn't come out and say the shuttle was going to explode, but I did mention the day before to Kim that I had a hunch a big plane crash or similar incident was about to occur. She woke me up that morning in awe of my amazing psychic abilities telling me the ill fated news). Anyhow, Kim and I both expressed our fear of things to come when Bush won the election. We had no idea the extent to which our fears would play out.

I have very strong opinions and beliefs. Believe it or not, I do try and formalize my opinions based on fact (and I do consider this to be fact as well). I do however keep the juicy stuff for the right situations. Some of this stuff goes into a great amount of detail , and while I say it is plausible, I do have to draw a line somewhere... Kim stopped listening to me when I tried to take it a little farther and started a theory of how the US Government took the people that were on the original planes to a deserted island and are running wild experiments on them.

Anyhow, for the last 5.5 years I have been complaining and wondering how the people of the US could let this president and his cronies get away with so much bullshit. So, needless to say I was quite happy when I heard the Democrats won the House majority, and a good hold on the Senate. What blew my mind (yet should not have been a shock) was Rumsfeld resigning.

... and I finally get to the point of this post... As much as I loathe Bush and as a result the US political landscape, I tip my hat to them. Democracy actually works. I never would have guessed it was a democracy after all the stolen elections, but the response to the latest election should go a long way. In all honesty, it is way too little and way too late... but the fact that the administration responded so swiftly to such a loud and undeniable statement of disdain that the american people have for the way things are being ran, is worthy of note... Even if it was a well planned (yet obvious) political move to try and pass the blame to the democrats.


"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." -George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

7 Comments:

At Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:59:00 p.m., Blogger London Postmaster said...

Ok, it wasn't until I saw the "What would Jesus Do?" thong underwear ad at the bottom of the page (I referenced in the last comment) that I realized it was incredible sarcasm/satire. I just kept shaking my head in disgust as I read the entire article. Funny.

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 6:48:00 p.m., Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said...

All of this stuff is too smart and politcal for me - I just ignore it, mind my business and pretend like the world is a happy, fun and safe place! La Di Da

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:43:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know someone who 'owns' a pair of those underwear.

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:43:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know someone who 'owns' a pair of those underwear.

 
At Friday, November 10, 2006 3:00:00 a.m., Blogger Kiwi Brooksie said...

I was quite glad to see how these mid-term elections turned out. I think the presidential election in '08 is going to be the most interesting one of our lifetime! I forgot to get my absentee ballot in order before I left the US (doh), and thankfully the Virginia election didn't come down to a recount! I'm from Virginia, you see ...

 
At Friday, November 10, 2006 2:57:00 p.m., Blogger Taihae said...

oh, sweet, sweet victory.


Now lets see if it gets us anywhere.

 
At Friday, November 10, 2006 8:32:00 p.m., Blogger SeaJay said...

Everything you said in this post, Steve, is exactly what I've been saying all along, to anyone who would listen! It's been boggling my mind that so many people could have been taken in, for so many years, by the bald-faced lies told by Bush & his cronies.
I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, after Tuesday's voting, with all my fingers & toes crossed, waiting to cheer the Democrats' victory.

Icing on the cake was Rumsfeld's resignation on Wednesday! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home