Saturday, February 18, 2006

Postcards from the "HOME" of Gord...

Ugh, i've become one of them ... I haven't made a post in way too long. There goes my career goal of becoming a professional blogger - oh well. I think I have an excuse. Actually, that's not true, if anything I've had more time to write this week... I was quite sick. Well, again, that's not entirely true. Yes, I was sick, but my body couldn't exactly make up it's mind if it wanted to fully commit to the whole ordeal.
I started feeling icky last weekend, but overcame it. Then Monday night it returned, and by Tuesday I was in bed off and on. Just enough to stay home and work, but not well enough to actually accomplish anything, but most importantly, sick enough to get the much appreciated sympathy treatment from Kim.
Conveniently, I felt much better at around 5:30 - 6 last night... just in time to accept an invitation to go out for a 'beverage' with some ex-coworkers (I guess that would make them friends ?? - most guy's find women and/or laundry a mystery... I find 'friendship' a fascinating yet mystifying ordeal - probably because I spent too much time trying to figure out the first mentionable wonder...)
Anyhow, not a late night, I was home in time to punch the clock for my midnight shift.
And on that note... boy, 'the boss' was not too impressed when she found out that the 1am feeding was farther from a feeding, and closer to a sleep-walking-nipple-lick... the boy only ate 1 of the 5 ounces that was so preciously and thoughtfully prepared for him before he conked out, not to be woken under any circumstance. Well, again me with my lies... that circumstance was several hours later when he woke wanting to eat... this time from the source. (I can't help but smile and let out a little girlish giggle as I write this, thinking about how much that sucks for kim. It's like me and the boy are in cahoots with the whole thing... It's like he knows he'll have leverage when he is a teenager and I catch him stealing my beer - "But dad, remember when I would let you off the hook on the weekends... egh, egh???")
The last few nights he has been waking too much during the night, so last night we tried putting him back to sleep as opposed to feeding him whenever he wakes and snaps his figurative fingers. I obviously didn't try hard enough at 1am, but Kim (OF COURSE) was successful at her attempt to put him back down several times before the official feed at 6ish. Which goes to show, the kid is a restless sleeper - he went 9 hours with only 1 ounce of jugger juice and a few belly rubs... So, I can foresee a new 'daddy-duty' resulting if feeding is not the reason he wakes up...
While we're on the topic of 'the kid'... holy friggen crap is he ever f&*king cute. I don't want to get all 'crazy obsessive dad' but, I love this little guy. This week he has really started playing, reaching, smiling and laughing. I thought I was having fun before, well, that was watching paint dry compared to amusement park fun filled thrills this kid is giving me now. He lies there, usually on the change pad (on the play-pen) before/after a feed/diaper change and we just play for as long as he will tolerate (which is a good long while considering he is often lying in his own waste products). But we just play. I have my routine, which he was thankfully picked up on... I have my 'Where's the baby'.... the 'put up your dukes (which he is quite good at) .... and the 'Ugh, Ugh, Ugh.... zerbert', his personal favourite - this one gets me the big laughs and screams (He can tell something big is coming, and by the time I get to my fourth or fifth consecutively higher pitched "Ugh's", the boy is in hysterics, arms flailing, open mouth smiles and the look as though he's thinking - 'oh no, here it comes again... please, oh please... oh you get me every time you crazy old man you'. (Well, at least that's what I tell myself he's thinking - in all reality he's probably thinking "where's mom?")
He's also taken to drooling... we officially have a baby now... no baby is complete without the constant drool not only on his chin, but stainly reminders on our shoulders and sleeves.
And now, a little something for the 'elders' who stumble across this post... What's with the weather??
Damn you Ronald Reagan... (shaking my fist up high)...It went from double digits, to snow, to a friggen thunderstorm the other night... thunderstorm - fully equipped with the lighting and the whole 'thunder' thing... and now blistering wind that literally shakes the house.
(Hmm... in my head, I thought I had much more exciting comments to make regarding the topic of global warming, full of playful humour and witty quips... but I'm witted out...)
Well, I feel better now... it was WAY too long to go without making note of the random happenings at the home of Gord.
...but no update would be complete without an appearance by the boy himself...

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home